Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Beautiful Mercy, Jealous Lover

Beautiful Mercy by Laura Hackett


[[ ♫♪ There is no pit too deep that Jesus cannot reach
There is no sorrow so strong that could overtake His beloved one
♫♪ ]]


--- No matter how far I seem from hope, no matter how far I push away the loving arms of my Redeemer- It will never be TOO FAR for Jesus to snatch me out of the pit I've placed myself in. He experienced the ultimate sorrow when His Father turned His face away as He hung there on the cross, exposed in highest humiliation- the Son of God. How can I say that He doesn't understand my sorrow, my grief, my brokenness. How can I say that I am beyond repair? HIS MERCY IS UNHINDERED BY THE LIMITS I PLACE UPON HIM & HE WILL REMAIN RELENTLESS UNTIL HE HAS ALL OF THIS HEART HE'S CREATED BACK INTO HIS ARMS. ---


[[ ♫♪ He's brought me to the wilderness where I will learn to sing.
And He lets me know my barrenness so I will learn to lean
♫♪ ]]


--- I am here in this desert to learn. Not because He takes pleasure in seeing me desolate and needy. He is stripping away my pride to tear me from my flesh. My flesh must no longer control me! I might know the melody of Salvation and the rhythm of Christianity, but do i know how to SING in this wilderness? Yes, i can make SOUND pass through my parched throat and escape my dry mouth... But i want to make a JOYFUL NOISE that becomes as a fragrance in the presence of MY DELIVERER. He's brought me here that i might LEARN TO SING. Then He reminds me of the EMPTINESS and the VOID inside of my soul- that i am INADEQUATE by all means... but He doesnt leave me there in that BARRENNESS. HE FILLS ME, THE HUNGRY- THE THIRSTY, WITH GOOD THINGS. He fills me with His LOVE, His Compassion, His MERCY. He teaches me to lay back against Him, "feel His heart beat" ---


[[ ♫♪ Beautiful Mercy, do what You have to do.
Jealous Lover, do what You have to do to bring forth love in me
♫♪ ]]


--- Need I say more? Beautiful Mercy... Jealous Lover... I know You need not my permission to act, but I will walk willingly with You through this desert. If it means becoming so desperately IN LOVE WITH ONLY YOU, I will go through anything. Take my passions, Take who i love, Take what i desire, Take all of ME- and GIVE ME NOTHING BUT YOURSELF. ---


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I like reading your post, so keep blogging!!