Wednesday, August 26, 2009

milkshakes. and army men.

thank you Jesus for milkshakes. and army men. and for cool little brothers who buy them. and little sisters who steal sips and leave messes everywhere :)


oh, the small delights of life we take advantage of.
im sitting in the playroom on the computer about to change my facebook status. and the only thing i wanted to say was "milkshakes. and army men." why?

im drinking a realllllllly good dairy queen vanilla milkshake that my brother bought me (he has the job, i have the car- he buys me things, i take him places...)

and right behind me on the couch are billions of army men all strategically placed as if in battle. the fruits of my sister's play time (: i love having a sister. Hailey is amazing... i had a really bad night not too long ago and she just held me while i cried. she should have been sleeping by then, but she stayed up listening to me and praying for me. yes, praying for me. she laid her head on my shoulder while we laid in my bed and she told me that she was going to pray for me. and started right away: "dear jesus...[blah blah] please make chelsea feel better please and keep her safe from accidents when she drives in her car." the first part of her prayer was very specific, but super special. i wont get into that, but the point was that i just love her so much and she's soooo awesome. i've recently had to tell her that she doesnt need to tell me all the time that i am the greatest sister and im so beautiful and awesome. she says it sooooo much. it's so nice to be loved and appreciated... i love being her example. i love every part of our relationship- even when i wake up to her head on my back (keeping me from breathing) or her legs over me. or when she gets an attitude with me. or when she insists on wearing something that she wears all the time that just isnt that cute. or DOES NOT match. haha- im not saying i completely enjoy those times, but i do love them. my love for her is so real and so deep. i love holding her close to me as i fall asleep. haha one night i was praying for her silently and i just started bawling... she asked me what was wrong. and all i could say was "i just love you so much"... i am so incredibly blessed to have that girl in my life. but anyways... it was the army men behind me that made me think about all of this. not sure why... but it's cool (:

anyways. my milkshake is waiting.
-chelsea

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

you made me laugh and cry :)

i'm printing this one out...

i love you ♥

Mom

Anonymous said...

and i was wondering where you got the money for the milkshake :)

BetnyNonnie said...

I LOVE this. So special.