Monday, June 7, 2010

I am forever YOURS.




"Love came down and rescued me, Love came down and set me free... I am YOURS, I am FOREVER YOURS! Mountain high, or valley low- I sing out, remind my soul: I AM YOURS, I AM FOREVER YOURS..."

___________________

God's love is ruining me all over again... His sweet, merciful, beautiful, FREEING LOVE. I love the words of this song, no matter if i'm experiencing one of those highs on life or a "valley low"... I am ALWAYS HIS. Because HE LOVES ME.
I don't ever want to forget that.
I feel like every aspect of His love hit me all at once this weekend.
Like experiencing HIS love, allowing myself to be loved by others, learning what it is to love humbly, understanding all the amazing things that accompany love... and why I am able to love like this and receive love in this way because of HIS LOVE.
It's crazy...
And, the more i love God, He gives more of His heart to me... It's like pieces of God's character start to take root in my heart and live out in me. That patience I ask for, the mercy I love to give and receive, the humility I need, the confidence I want, the peace I desire… All of this is given to me as I start to love the way He loves.
I think that's the only way to truly love.
I've known love to sometimes actually carry weight in my heart, like to where i could actually feel my chest hurting and heavy because love was so thick inside of me... but even that was only a brink of what He was trying to show me...
Love was never a word to me- it was something i cherished and believed was deep and passionate and intense.
But experiencing all of these different aspects of love and seeing how they are all linked to one another just WRECKED me.
I know i will never LOVE anyone or anything the same way.
I dont even know how to explain it... this realization just happened slowly. He kept showing me things and giving me examples of His love and speaking to me in ways that i understand, finally something so clear that i realized what He was trying to show me all along...
it's beautiful.
so perfect.
And to know that it all goes back to Jesus...
I don't know how i couldn't be moved by this.



___________________

1 comment:

Sargent of Truth said...

Powerful, infinite matchless grace. His love shown to us in his mercy, through his words, and by his Spirit. He is beautiful!