Thursday, August 14, 2008

Jesus, carry me.


im home with my brother carter and the others.
my mommy had a miscarriage because Jesus had a different plan for my life.


**********************************


confusion was swirling around her like a violent tornado as anger and rage spewed from her flesh. while her tears flowed relentlessly, moans from the deepest part of her stomach escaped her chapped lips. her feet were bleeding and scorched from her journey across the flaming hot coals of her life. she was tired. tired of running from darkness. it seemed to follow her... begging her to stop so it could engulf her in its grimy grasp. but she had to keep running. she had nothing else to do. she couldnt stop, but she definitely felt like she could not go on.

she glanced back and saw the darkness. it was closing in. in horror she watched as it smiled at her while it grabbed someone she loved and consumed them in its revolting mouth. leaving only the memories she had of them. or didnt have.

why would God allow so much darkness and pain to be so present in her life? how many people was she going to lose? the darkness had eaten so much... and if it had not eaten them, he had wounded them or sent them far far away.

while she was looking back, she did not notice the thorny path she had inadvertently turned to. there were thorns of bitterness and doubt, animosity and hatred. when she turned around, the sharp vile branches grabbed at her face and arms causing her to bleed.
they were digging into her flesh, tearing at her skin. but all the while she kept running. across the hot coals, through the thorns, she ran. when the rain started to pour and the lightening started to strike, she was unmoved. she ran barely noticing her life changing as her pace quickened.

bleeding and broken, numbness took over her whole body.
she felt nothing.
and no desire to move forward.
so she stopped.
and sank down to her knees.
and with barely a whisper, she coughed out what she could through her parched throat and dry lips. the end of her sentence was carried off into the wind of the storms as a hint of light peaked through the black clouds.

"Jesus, i cant run anymore. carry me...."





by chelsea cameron
august 13, 2008

**********************************

8 comments:

BetnyNonnie said...

WOW.... tears, tears.... that was so beautiful. I could see her so vividly from your descriptions. That was amazing. You are so talented, Sweet Girl!

cj said...

I am crying both tears of compassion and tears of joy. The pain is searing from indescribable loss (which you described very well) but tears of joy flow as well, knowing that you stayed still for Jesus to carry you.

Mary-Dawn said...

I love you.

Anonymous said...

Chelsea...you are so descriptive it just is amazingly beautiful. You capture truth and pain so deeply weaving them together in such a pure way. It is absolute talent! Keep on writing!!!

Anonymous said...

Words can not explain how AMAZING this is...and I'm not just saying this to be nice...cause if it wasn't amazing...I wouldn't say anything. But I am, this is your very amazing talent. I know I've said amazing quite a few times...but I'm just speaking the truth about this. Chelsea this is your gift, don't ever think any different!! I love you...and I think I'm gonna get some writing lessons from you if you can do that...lol!

Chelsea said...

i love all of your comments of support, guys. seriously...
thank you so much!
i love you all! i feel so encouraged after i go through and read these comments... so blessed. i appreciate it so much...

<3

Anonymous said...

Wow, You have such a gifting in writing Chelsea. I pray that you are finding much healing in expressing your heart. I pray for you guys often.
You certainly have an "eye" to the heart through words that give expression to emotion and observation. Such wisdom that comes through. I see many giftings and blessing flowing through this gift of writing. I am just sorry you have had to feel so much heartbreak for this expression to come forth so raw.
May the Prince of Peace hold you and wrap His arms around you tightly and may you always feel Him there.
Love you guys!
Tonnie

Anonymous said...

hey hon,
reading your last two blog entries i really started tearing [sp?] up, and i dont cry easily...

"He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High will rest in the shadow of the Almighty. I will say of the LORD, "He is my refuge and my fortress, my God, in whom I trust."
Psalm 91:1-2

praying for you darling. love you chels =]