Saturday, August 23, 2008

Just Listen.

Can you hear me? [you know I do]

I know you've gotten me to the peak of the mountain... [we did it together]

You've helped me over each steep rock and boulder. [it was a hard road, kid, but you held onto Me.]

but now i'm falling. [I see that]

i didnt mean to. [I know]

i just slipped and i kept tumbling [use this to help you to remember that once you get to the top, you cant just ignore Who got you there... you cant keep yourself up there alone.]

i should have tried harder. [there's no trying involved, you should have just let Me be who I am.]

so i have a question, Jesus. [ask away]

i know i dont really talk to You as much as i should or even acknowledge You, but i really need someone to catch me. [done]

i've hit a lot of things on my way down here. [I saw.... and it broke My heart to see you in pain]

and i've even tried to grab ahold of what i could, but they were only temporary footholds. [but you learned to not grab ahold of things that can only offer you a temporary bliss]

i remember you telling me awhile ago that the only way i could go about my life was with You. [I remember telling you that.]

i couldnt fly solo. [you couldnt fly at all]

so, um, i am embarrassed to say this, Jesus, but i really screwed up again. can You please catch me before i hit the bottom? [of course]

thats all i need... [you need more than that... but you know I have already caught you]

just dont let me crash. [you are already in My arms]

can You hear me? i need You to catch me. [why dont you listen to Me? I already caught you]

if i hit the bottom again Lord, can You just let me stay there? [you wont hit the bottom, I heard your cries, and I answered. please just stay quiet long enough to listen to Me]

cause everytime i fall, it hurts worse than it would if i just stayed down there. [child, YOU ARE IN MY ARMS.]

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

chelsea thats beautiful and all that is so true and lifes a hard road and u ahve gotten so far and i love u so much

Julie said...

this is such a beautiful description of the struggle to find refuge in Him. you never fail to amaze me with your depth and talent in writing.

BetnyNonnie said...

Truly beautiful. You are wise, Sweet Girl!