Thursday, January 3, 2008

My Dove

never did i know or truly understand what writers talked about when they expressed their pain and remorse over death until now. when edgar allan poe dictated to the world his sorrow over his lost love, lenore, he used a familiar object to represent something deeper than its outward appearance. his example was a raven.

with a screeching cry and a coat of feathers the deepest black, nothing better could express the feelings of death he had inside.

i now can say that i understand that deep depression into his heart.

a dove with its pure white feathers and graceful glide across the sky, it's far from the feelings i have been brought to feeling. throughout the Word of my Creator the dove is used to symbolize hope.

during the storm in the time of Noah, God sent a dove to bring the good news that there would eventually be dry land to walk across. During my storm (the life i live right now) i choose to let a white dove prance across my mind and glide gracefully through my heart.

A symbol of hope amidst the tremendous sorrow i have encountered.

I stab the raven knocking at my door with the sharpest dagger and i strangle it with the coarsest rope. i replace it with a single white dove.

Raven, no longer will you dictate to me how i live, and how i should act. the remorse of not knowing it was you knocking at the door of my heat was indeed traumatizing and frustrating, but you have not knocked hard enough to replace my mind. i rebuke you from entering my thoughts and i forbid you from entering my heart.

there is such a thing as light for it can only get brighter, but darkness will remain dark, not any darker, for eternity. if the dark is in the presence of light it is no longer dark. but dark, true darkness cannot get any darker and it cannot get any lighter without be considered light. Dark is only the absence of light. And we all know that the true Light and Life rose and tramples darkness beneath the earth.

Only Light shines. And Light defeats darkness.

My Dove soars high above the sky as white and light as snow.

No comments: